Thinking about helping others? Think about volunteering. Join the dedicated and caring Volunteer Team at Windham Hospital!
Windham Hospital Volunteer Services Application Line 860.456.6792
Windham Hospital Volunteers are a valuable part of the hospital staff. They add that extra touch to make a patient's stay more comfortable, and, they help to lighten the load by offering their time and abilities. As a member of the Windham Hospital team, you will become part of a volunteer legacy that spans many decades and has touched many lives.
Windham Hospital Volunteers serve many different hospital departments.
Who can volunteer?
Youths aged 14 to 18 (Juniors) or Adults: students, homemakers, and retired persons, willing to donate a minimum of 3 hours per week of their time to Windham Hospital.
How can volunteering at Windham Hospital enrich my life?
You will help others in your community by sharing your talents and energy.
You will meet new people and take part in different activities.
You may learn new skills and gain valuable work experience.
And you will have fun!
Do I choose the department in which I want to volunteer?
Windham Hospital tries to place their volunteers in a department that matches their abilities, availability and interests, according to the Hospital’s needs.
What is the application process?
- Download the Adult Volunteer Application Form or Junior Volunteer Application Form (or call the Windham Hospital Volunteer Services application line at 860.456.6792 and request that an application be mailed to you).
- Send your completed application to Windham Hospital Volunteer Services, 112 Mansfield Avenue, Willimantic, CT, 06226.
- You will be contacted in order to schedule an interview and a mandatory orientation.
- You will be given a department-specific orientation after you receive your volunteer assignment.
- Mandatory flu shots, PPD tests and ID badges are offered free of charge to all volunteers.