Anne L. Card Scholarship
In keeping with our mission to support educational programs and promote the interests of the Hospital, the Auxiliary scholarship assists members of our community in furthering their education in the health care field. Through the scholarship program, area students are encouraged to consider careers in medicine or related health care fields. The AWH will award 2 scholarships at $1000 each, to selected high school seniors in the Windham Hospital service area who are planning to enter a full time course of study in medical related fields. The scholarship will be a one time, indirect cash award for tuition purposes only. The recipient’s choice of college or university will receive payment upon verification of registration from the approved institution of study.
In order to qualify for consideration the student must meet the following criteria:
· Student must be a graduating senior of the class of 2014 and a resident of the towns within our service area: Andover, Ashford, Brooklyn, Canterbury, Chaplin, Colchester, Columbia, Coventry, Eastford, Franklin, Hampton, Hebron, Lebanon, Mansfield, Scotland, Sprague, Tolland, Willington and Windham;
· Plan to pursue a career in health care, (other than veterinarian) in a nursing school, college or other accredited institution; and
· Have demonstrated outstanding scholastic and community service commitment.
In order to apply for consideration, the student must:
· Complete a scholarship application form (which must be signed by a parent or guardian);
Applications, letters of recommendations, transcript, etc. must be postmarked and/or received by May 19, 2014. The selection of the scholarship recipients will be made by the Auxiliary Scholarship Committee.
· Enclose one letter of recommendation from a current teacher or counselor;
· Enclose one letter of recommendation from a non-family member; and
· Enclose your most high school transcript.
· Mail all requested items to:
Debra Leavens, Chair, AWH Scholarship Committee
Windham Community Memorial Hospital
112 Mansfield Avenue
Willimantic, CT 06226
Scholarship applications may be obtained from the following sources:
· Your school counselor
· On-Line at www.windhamhospital.org
· Or for more information, contact Rebecca Putnam at: 860.456.6700
Recipients will be contacted by phone or mail by June 1, 2014. Payment will then be made directly to the school the student is attending for the following academic year (2014-2015) upon proof of registration.
A representative of the AWH will award the scholarship at the Hospital or school. A photo of the recipients will be taken at the time of presentation, if possible, for publicity purposes.