The mission of the Windham Hospital Foundation is to build a bridge between the community and the hospital, and to enhance the resources that support the hospital in meeting the healthcare needs of the community. The Foundation works with internal and external groups in the community to maximize the impact of friendraising and fundraising. The Auxiliary to Windham Hospital, which was formed in 1933 and the Golf Classic, which began in 1995, have also contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars to purchase equipment, build new facilities and add to the many outstanding services provided at Windham Hospital. The Foundation, through its Board, staff and Councils, is developing relationships with loyal donors to assure that Windham Hospital will be here for generations to come. Through annual giving programs, major gifts (President’s Circle and Business Partners) and planned giving initiatives such as the 1933 Society, a culture of philanthropy is growing at Windham Hospital. Additionally, hundreds of dedicated volunteers are helping to spread the word that giving to the Windham Hospital Foundation is a great way to care.
In 2011, the Foundation, Auxiliary, and Golf Classic raised more than $726,500 to support the Hospital.
For a listing of contributors for the fiscal year 2011 (October 1, 2010 - September 30, 2011), please click here.