Leave a Legacy
LEAVE A LEGACY® is a public awareness campaign to encourage people to leave something in their wills to support causes about which they care. It supports nonprofit organizations and professional advisors as they educate their constituents and clients on the importance of leaving a will and considering a gift to charity. The Windham Hospital Foundation is a member of LEAVE A LEGACY CT®.
Making a lasting contribution to charitable organizations and causes isn't just for the wealthy. Every day, people from all walks of life leave charitable gifts in their wills. In doing so, they make a tremendous difference in the world they leave behind. All it takes is a legal will and the goodwill to make important charitable work live on forever.
Without a will, your property, money, belongings and finances are settled according to state laws, not according to your wishes. When you have a will, it puts you in control of your possessions. You can distribute them to the people and causes that you care for and believe in.
Everyone can help, regardless of income, and each gift makes an impact.
Top 5 Things You Can Do Today
1. Prepare a will, and include a gift for the charities that have made a difference in your life or the life of someone you love. Only 50% of those who pass away have a will, and fewer than 3% of those wills contain a charitable gift.
2. You can donate a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your assets, including stocks, bonds, CDs, real estate, vehicles, art, jewelry or other property.
3. Name your favorite charity as the beneficiary of your IRA or pension plan.
4. Name your favorite charity as the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy, or purchase a new policy and name the charity as the beneficiary.
5. Honor deserving friends and remember loved ones with memorial gifts.
Please consider naming the Windham Hospital Foundation in your will and become a member of our 1933 Society. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at 860.456.6861. Thank you.